We've had a crazy couple days. Part of the madness may be that Drew and I keep getting woken up by some little creature scratching outside our room. The first night it was probably 2am and Drew got so frustrated that he got up and went outside to find it. With nothing to show he came back to bed only to be woken up again about an hour later. You've got to be kidding. Out he went, except this time he was in for the long haul. He sat outside for I don't know how long, mainly because I was asleep, hoping that the creature would show it's mangy little face. No luck. Ok, you win one night. Sunday night Drew was serious. The sun had almost gone down and I was in the back. All of a sudden I heard him...scratch scratch scratch. Drew's ears perked up. It was like Christmas morning. He ran outside grabbed the ladder and jumped on the roof with his headlamp and a pole. I guess he was going to beat the thing. I sat and watched the show from our patio table. He wandered around tapping on things only to come down with nothing. Needless to say the little critter has gotten away for now, but Drew is now talking about buying a pellet gun and a trap. I'm going for the trap as long as I don't have to free a mad gofer. So here's you're warning, whatever you are, run for your life!
Country Home on the Brain
4 days ago
So, did you get it?
ReplyDelete