After much discussion we have finally named the new baby. Well, his first name at least. When we first started looking at names I found the name Davis, which I immediately loved. Drew had a mixed reaction at first, but he had the same reaction to the name Jackson and then one day he loved it. I kept trying to come up with a better name, one that Drew would like more but it never worked. And of course every name I said we looked up the meaning of. Did you know Calvin means "little bald one"? Yeah, that took care of that one. So after probably 3 months of me calling the baby "unnamed baby", he can now be called Davis. I thought for sure Drew wouldn't commit to anything until the child was entering kindergarten. I go for my 28 week check up on Thursday and we have to fill out our hospital registration before then. I figured last night was a good a time as any to go ahead and take care of it. Maybe it was luck, maybe it was divinely appointed but part of the paperwork required me sign off for medical treatment for the baby, but I had to sign as his mother and put his name down as the patient. Now I am sure that they would allow me to leave his name blank, but I need to monogram. I showed it to Drew and said we (he) had to decide by Wednesday night. He immediately said "What about Davis?" Oh I didn't realize somewhere in his thoughts he had already decided on Davis. As far as the middle name we're still up in the air, but that will be decided by Thursday morning. At least we're half way there! Monogram stores, get ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment