It's official, we no longer live in Underwood Hills. We are now proud owners in the King Valley neighborhood. It didn't happen easy or over night, but it finally went through. To make a long story short the day before closing we found out the 1142 lender had put a hold on everything until the "mold" was remediated. We knew about it and so did the buyers, but had no idea it wouldn't close because of it. In fact, I found this out right about the time I hit Auburn after I dropped the boys off in Montgomery. It was Divine intervention that when I stopped in Auburn to get dinner I ran into Caroline who talked me down from the ledge. That night Drew and the new buyer, Tanner, spent hours under the house taking out all the insulation so that the professionals could come first thing to spray, fax a letter to the bank and hopefully close. Eventually the closing got pushed back 24 hours, on both hours. Meanwhile at the new house we had contractors coming the morning of the new closing (supposed to be the morning after closing) to paint, install granite and bring appliances. Now because of the situation we were forced to make a decision. Do we call everyone off and waste time without kids or do we go ahead on a house we technically don't own? We went ahead, risky I know. Luckily we closed on both houses that day and came to the new house where granite had been installed, painting was being done and appliances had been dropped in the garage (don't ask). We got it done and Drew and I agreed we both aged about 5 years in 36 hours.
It's been a whirlwind and at times an emotional roller coaster, even for Jackson. I had heard it may take a little while for him to feel settled and he's proving them right. He's been waking up at night and crying every time we leave, even if it's with a grandmother or at Sunday School. It's been pretty sad. Even though the boxes are all unpacked I know everything isn't fixed yet and it's a new place with new shadows and new noises. I've seen a lot of kids around the neighborhood, so I'm hoping Jackson can make some friends to ease the nerves.
Country Home on the Brain
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment