Monday, November 7, 2011

A little getaway and a big step!

I have been training for another half marathon for a couple of months and it was finally time!  I was so excited!  One of my best friends, Brady, was coming up from Daphne, AL with a couple of her friends and then we were headed to Savannah!  I know the route they took seems a little crazy, but it's so much more fun when everyone can ride together.  All the girls ditched the kids and headed South!  We ate so much good food and laughed a lot.  One of the girls on the trip was, get ready, my step dad's nephew's wife.  We decided that we were cousins by marriage, which we were happy with because we got along famously.  We all had a blast.  Even running 13.1 miles wasn't that bad, if you don't count the last half mile.  Brady and I agreed for some reason that was the worst part.  Don't worry though we both made the time we wanted!  We were so proud!  Savannah was beautiful!  It was so nice to get away but we all missed our kids and hubbies.  Brady and I agreed that we are so blessed to have such amazing husbands that encourage us to get away with the girls.

Then, I guess as my welcome home present, Jackson took his first step today!  He loves the mirror in our bathrooms and now that he is standing more by himself I always stand him just a little bit away from it hoping he will walk to it.  It finally worked!  He was standing there and he took 1 step and then leaned to touch the mirror and gave himself a kiss!  I don't think he knew what he did, he just likes kissing the mirror.  He definitely did it though!  He wasn't holding on to anything!  I was so proud!  I know he's going to take off soon!  
Me, Regan and Brady after the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment