Jackson went to his first real Auburn game Saturday. He did go to homecoming last year, but I don't think it counts if he was asleep the whole time. We went to Montgomery Friday so that Drew could get to Auburn early to have breakfast with Dr. Doyle (yes, that's where Jackson's middle name came from). Dr. Doyle was Drew's mentor through college and obviously made a huge impact on his life.
My mom, Tim, Jackson and I came up for game time and met Drew. We could tell Jackson was excited! I just knew Jackson had been dreaming of this day for at least a week. Ok, maybe not but I can think that. Anyway, he loved it! We gave him a shaker and away he went! He was a little wild with it at times, but it was fun. He loved clapping with the crowd, even when it was Samford's crowd. We'll have to teach him the difference later. He ate his first game day hotdog and made a lot of new Auburn friends. We stayed until half time because he had missed his morning nap and we could tell he was getting tired. We ran by and saw Dr. Doyle and his wife before leaving the game and then we headed out. Jackson must have been more tired then we realized because he was asleep before we hit College Street!
I guess the lack of the morning nap made a big impact because he has now decided he only needs 1 nap a day. Oh boy! If I didn't love Auburn so much I might be a little mad.
 |
| Can't you see the excitement? |
 |
| Jackson with Mimi and Doc |
 |
| Dr. & Mrs. Doyle |
No comments:
Post a Comment