I don't know what to say about what went down today at lunch. Jackson and I went to lunch with a few friends to discuss final details of a baby shower coming up and Jackson had been pretty good. We got a vegetable plate and he had eaten a good bit so I thought things were going to be just fine. I did have to fend of a little hand from my cornbread a few times, but things were alright. I guess I should've known that the little trickster was up to no good when I turned to look at him and he had grabbed a huge fistful of cornbread and was about to rub it in his hair. I'm sure it would've looked great, but not today. This restaurant brings each guest a tootsie roll with the check for dessert. There is nothing like a good tootsie roll, but I knew better than to eat it right in front of Jackson. So being so smart I stuck it in my purse and went ahead and put my purse on my shoulder for safe keeping. I grabbed Jackson and started scooting out of the booth. I looked back at him and the booth to see what kind of disaster site we were leaving when I saw it "What do you have in your mouth?!" That's right, he had dug in my purse without me even feeling it, gotten out the tootsie roll and taken a bite paper and all. I took it out of his mouth, but by this time he had slobbered all over the rest of it. So, there goes my tootsie roll. I guess next time I should just eat it in front of him. That's what I get for trying to be careful.
No comments:
Post a Comment