Wednesday, March 21, 2012

18 months

Since the day Jackson was born people have always told me how fast he would grow up, but I thought it was just one of those sayings that people say almost to make you feel better about those first 3 months.  Yeah, they weren't kidding.  It's almost a warning that you should take it slow and notice everything because before you know it the time has passed.  I've always been one to stop and smell the roses, but now I'm trying to stop and smell the roses, look for four leaf clovers, count grass leaves, anything I can so that I can appreciate these days before Jackson is grown.  I can not believe that he's a year and a half today.  Our lives have changed so much in such a sweet way.

I figured 18 months is bigger than 16 or 17 months, so we celebrated with a trip to the park and then lunch from Carver's.  Which if you've never been there you probably shouldn't go so you won't deal with the addiction.  Jackson had a great 18 month lunch full of baked ham, green beans, macaroni and cheese and cornbread.  I may have snuck in a few bites too.

Here are some fun Jackson facts:

1.  Jackson weighs 26 lbs (50-75%) and is 34" tall (90-95%)
1.  Words Jackson can say - Dada, Cookie, Daddy and he just started "mmm hmm" (instead of yes).  Really?  I guess I'm just the random lady that hangs around.
2.  Some of his favorite foods - pickles, grapes, strawberries, lady peas, cornbread, corn, pancakes...pretty much anything but meat
3.  Jackson is wearing a size 24 month and has worn a few 2T things and is wearing a size 6 shoe.








1 comment: