After so long of us wondering if Jackson would ever talk it's happened. He's been saying some things for a while, but since Davis was born it's really picked up. Even our usual babysitter noticed the difference. I thought his words were very understandable until the other day. Last weekend almost everything Jackson would say to Drew he would ask me what Jackson was saying. Hello? Obviously "vava" is waffle. So, I thought I should make note of a few things that seem obvious to me, but not everyone.
"Boo" = Milk
"Vava" = Waffle
"Tow" = Cow
"DD" = Davis
"Cacka" = Cracker
"Hoe" = Horse
"Fry fry" = Butterfly
"Mimi" = This one can be tricky. It's either Mickey, Amy (our friend) or actually Mimi (my mom)
"Kiki" = Cookie
"Maymen" = Amen
"Pairs" = Prayers (a ritual before bed)
On Davis' side of things, I have been a little confused as to why he hasn't made it through the hump of sleeping at night. Jackson started spreading out right about 6-7 weeks and that's where Davis is. It hit me today why Davis has been so hungry...growth spurt. I put on one of his Kissy Kissy 3-6 mth outfits this morning and couldn't snap the crotch, but it was one of Jackson's and I was sure it had shrunk. We had a little extra time and Davis was in a great mood so I started trying things on. Apparently it was a trend. He's grown out of a number of his 3-6 month outfits and into some of his 6-9 month outfits. This whole growing up thing is already happening way too fast!
Country Home on the Brain
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment