Saturday, February 16, 2013

The adventures of Jackson

Since Davis has been around a few of my friends have asked me what my biggest issue is.  It was obvious with Jackson my issue was lack of sleep, but I guess it's not as obvious this time unless you live here.  So to this question my reply has been "Keeping Jackson out of trouble while I deal with Davis".  As sweet and good as Jackson is he is still a 2 year old boy who wants to get into everything.  I don't want to squash his little boy explorer spirit, so I let him get into a lot which apparently has back fired a little. 

There are many stories to tell to prove my point, but let's start with the obvious.  One day a couple of weeks ago I was sitting in the den feeding Davis and I realized I didn't see or hear Jackson.  He can be good about playing in his room alone, but I can usually hear what he's doing.  I should've known then that I was in for it.  A few minutes later Jackson emerges from Davis' room covered in baby powder.  I mean really covered.  I of course laughed because he had this look on his face like "Powder?  What powder?".  I got up to see the damage and apparently he decided to get the baby powder down, pour it all over himself and the floor and finger paint with it.  Perfect.  He didn't get in trouble because who could blame him?  It did seem like fun and it made the house smell good.


After I realized maybe staying in the house too long ended up in disaster I decided to go to the mall and roam around.  It had been raining off and on for 3 days straight so we had to go somewhere.  While we were there we found out that Pottery Barn Kids does a story time every Tuesday at 11am.  Not only that but you get a stamp every time you come and once you get 5 you get a $10 gift card!  Perfect!  We only had to waste 10 minutes.  As the kids and moms started coming in for story time I did notice that Jackson seemed to be the only boy.  Interesting.  I guess other boy mothers didn't want their boys to be sophisticated.  The store had little toddler chairs all lined up to sit and listen, so I put Jackson in one.  I told myself he knows how to do this, he does go to Mother's Day Out, Sunday School and Bible study.  He's gonna be a pro.  Yeah, that lasted literally 5 seconds.  Just long enough for me to snap a picture and then he was up.  After that this is how our conversation went -
Jackson "Baaaahhhh"
Me "Yes Jackson a sheep"
Jackson "Ball!"
Me "Put the ball down"
Jackson "Stick"
Me "Be careful!  Don't hit any kids!"
Jackson "Cookie!"
Me "You already ate them all!"
I quickly realized why Jackson was the only boy, because boys can't sit still!  But we had to stay, I had to get our stamp!  We finally made it through (after 3 books), got our stamp and ran out before we could be judged by the girl moms.  Oh don't they know how easy they have it for now, but just wait when puberty hits I'll be the one handing out the glaring looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment