Of course I know that peer pressure is very real when you're a teenager and even middle school, but who knew it worked on toddlers too? We have been at VBS every morning this week. I helped teach Jackson's class, which means I had 11 2 1/2 year olds (I'm exhausted)! Of course we got the run down from every mother that dropped their kid off about if they were potty trained, had allergies, etc. Well, more than half the class was potty trained. Interesting. I was planning on starting that battle in July so I thought it would be a good chance for me to watch how the other kids did it. Now don't get me wrong, we did have those kids who would say "my mommy says I'm potty trained" and seconds later would be peeing on the floor, but for the most part it was ok. Obviously Jackson kept hearing me ask the other kids if they needed to go potty. So, Wednesday I was came out of the bathroom with a little girl and Jackson looked at me and said "potty". "You want to go potty?", he shook is head yes. Alright. He sat there and didn't do anything, but it was a step in the right direction. As I got to talking with the other teacher, who has successfully trained her 2 boys, she informed me that peer pressure is on my side and that I should ride this wave. That afternoon we headed to Target to pick out big boy underwear and pull-ups for sleeping.
Yesterday we officially started. As soon as we got home from VBS it was clothes off! It was almost like he knew and would wait until I turned my back and he would pee on whatever was close by. Really? We did have 1 successful potty trip, other than that I had a 30 lb. chihuahua. Last night I explained to him the diapers were going away and it was only big boy things from now on.
Today at VBS I kept on him to no avail. When we got home again he was naked. Here we go. So far we've been home for about 3 hours and we've had 3 successful trips and no accidents! He's napping right now so who knows how tonight will go, but we seem to be heading up. So far he's just like my mom, anything for an M&M!
Country Home on the Brain
4 days ago
Good Luck with the potty training! Have you heard of the 3-day method? I have the pdf (quick read) if you'd like it. It's excellent and we trained Parker at 27 months with that plan. It worked well for him. I'm riding the potty train with Mason next week! Eeek! I'm hoping the same method works well for Mason. Good luck with Jackson!
ReplyDelete