Friday, April 25, 2014

A Star In The Making

Last night was Jackson's debut on stage and my debut as that mom who will fight anyone to get a good video of the said stage debut.  I thought I was going to have to roundhouse kick a camera this man set up right in front of us on a tripod right at eye level.  Instead, I thought I wouldn't embarrass Jackson this early in life so I moved to the back and decided to stand with our non-tripod camera.

Luckily Jackson was totally unaware of the parent battle that almost happened.  As the classes started to file in the chapel all the kids stared out at the parents.  I so remembered that feeling of trying to find my mom in the crowd and here I was on the other side.  After a minute Jackson locked eyes with Drew "Daddy!" followed by many waves.  Because I moved to the back he didn't see me immediately, but he did eventually when everyone else sat down and I was still standing.  I fully realize it was just a preschool performance and they were just singing a few songs and doing a few motions but it was such a new feeling being in the audience.  I was trying to do everything I could to get his attention just to wave at him so he would know I was there and we were clapping so loud in between songs. 
 
After the show was over we went the stage to pick him up and as soon as he saw us he jumped in my arms, he was so proud of himself and we were too.  His school had a dinner for us so that we could visit with other parents and the kids could play more.  It was such a fun night.  I can not wait for more nights like that!



Jackson loves his teachers, Ms. Kijuana and Ms. Tanya!

No comments:

Post a Comment