Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's the small stuff

How can something so small need so much stuff?  I was feeling so good about myself for pretty much having my nursery done.  I went to my registry online to check on something when I realize I haven't even thought to register for a changing pad.  What kind of mother would I be without a changing pad?  I am sure mothers did just fine without it for centuries.  I can just picture trying to change a baby on the back of a horse or on the floor.  I know it's silly, but it's these silly things that can drive a person mad.  I knew I shouldn't put Jackson through the torture of not having a plush pillow to lie on while I changed his diaper.  I am still in counseling because of trauma like this.  Of course I'm kidding, I know this is more for me.  I don't really want to have to clean baby poop off of furniture.


So knowing that I want one I searched both websites for one and turned up with nothing.  I did however remember to register for changing pad covers.  Surprise surprise I remembered the cute thing and not the necessity.  I knew I could count on B. Braithwaite, the cutest store in the world, to come through in the clutch.  The lady on the phone assured me she would add one for me.  My furniture thanks you.  I am sure that they talk about women like me and laugh, but let's face it it wouldn't be the first or the last time someone laughs.  So, moms out there please tell me other things that I will need that I haven't thought about.  In case anyone was doubting if pregnant brain is a myth, think again!








 

1 comment:

  1. When you get the changing pad, and cover...I would get at least three covers or the little white center mats that lay on top of the covers. Parker would have blow outs that would ruin those things daily!
    Can't wait to see you prego belly on Saturday! =)

    ReplyDelete