Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy half-birthday!

Today is Jackson's half birthday and I can not believe it!  There is just no way that it has been 6 months!  Drew and I were talking about it last night and going over every little detail of what we did the last few days and nights before he was born.  When we put him to bed Drew read him a book and I just took a little longer than usual and Drew peeked in there and realized I was getting weepy.  I couldn't help it.  Can time just slow down a little?  I'll never forget we were in Birmingham soon after Jackson was born and Drew was asking Brian something about me being more emotional since I had had Jackson.  Brian told him that I was not an "emotional" girl, but any daughter of my mom would be a little at times.  Anybody that knows my mom knows that she will cry at anything even halfway sentimental (love you mom).  Ok, so the good part.  Here are the fun little things I know:

1. He weighs 18lbs. 6 oz. (50-65%) and he is 28" (90-95%)
2. He has 2 teeth!  His 2 bottom front teeth popped in within 2 weeks of each other.
3.  He is eating like a horse.  Breakfast is 8 oz of milk and oatmeal, lunch is 8 oz of milk and a whole thing of baby food (veggies usually), then an afternoon snack of an 8 oz bottle, then dinner is 8 oz of milk and baby food (fruit).
4.  He is wearing 9-12 month clothes.  The stride is the biggest problem.  A lot of 6-9 month clothes just won't snap.
5.  His new nickname is billy goat because he will chew on anything!  Your clothes, his clothes, hair, fingers, toes, anything!
6.  He is just about the happiest baby ever and laughs and smiles all the time, unless he's hungry or tired.
7.  He can roll like a pro, but the whole sitting by himself thing is still a mystery to him.

What can I say, he is so sweet and he loves to snuggle.  I know I'm biased, but I love this little kid. 



and here we go again...

not cool

a little help please...




...and we're done.

1 comment:

  1. adorable. i love jackson; he is such a happy boy!! Can't believe he is six months either!
    ~Mayer

    ReplyDelete