Drew had to work late tonight so I knew Jackson and I were on our own for dinner. Luckily, I planned ahead and had gotten him some yummy looking veggies and grabbed me something from Publix earlier today. I was so proud that I had thought that far in advance. Then, right when you think you have things figured out just get ready because something's about to throw you off...that something is usually named Jackson around here. I put Jackson down for his afternoon nap about 2:30. He was still talking to Lambert (his lamb blanket) and his pillow at 3, but that happens sometimes. He wasn't unhappy so I left him. At about 4 I realize he's still up. The kid isn't going to sleep and of course I had just painted my nails. You try getting an almost toddler out of a crib without messing up wet nails. So, I went in there and got him out very carefully (nail disaster avoided) and we started playing. I quickly realized that Lambert or his puppy pillow had fed him caffeine because he was hyper! I mean hyper isn't even the word. He was doing laps in our house. He would start in his room and crawl as fast as he could to our bathroom, then chase Duke, then start all over. I tried to wear him out. I took him on a walk outside, nothing worked. It was time to abort the pre-planned Publix dinner and get him out of the house. To Mellow Mushroom we went! Fortunately there were a few other kids there too so he was entertained watching them. I brought his veggies with us because I didn't know how well pizza would go. He was working away on the veggies and seemed to be very happy with himself until he saw what I ordered...parmesan pretzels (don't judge, you know you would've gotten the same thing). It was over. His eyes were locked on the prize. I tore off a few pieces for him and he ate them so fast I didn't even have time to take a bite for myself. It was like a Dyson on a dust pile. Good thing I got 3! We made it through and he finally got done eating. Date night at Mellow Mushroom...check!
Kudos for offering the veggies! I don't blame him for wanting your yummy food. As he gets older you'll realize that they'll want nothing to do with their food if it's not the same thing that you're eating. Have fun this weekend at his birthday party! I can't wait to read about it on here!
ReplyDelete