Thursday, September 29, 2011

Could I get an extra straw with that?

At Jackson's year check up the doc told me that I needed to start trying to give him milk in a sippy.  I was thinking why don't you try it.  I hadn't tried it yet, but come on he had been drinking from a bottle forever and I had heard so many horror stories from friends.  I figured I would give it the ol' college try and if it didn't take then it wasn't something that would slow him down in life so I would drop it.  Who cares if a 5 year old goes to kindergarten with a bottle anyway?  The first day we tried it obviously I didn't know what I was doing.  I just handed him his sippy when he would normally take his bottle.  Well duh, by that time he was starving and had no patience to sit there and politely sip from a straw.  Crazy mom.  The next day I figured it out, give it to him with a meal.  It worked!  Down the milk went!  So what if it took him 45 minutes instead of 5 to finish it?  Now he can drink his milk from a sippy, unless of course I'm a hurry then we revert back to a bottle.  I thought for sure this would take months or even years, but no he picked it right up.  Now he may be crawling to kindergarten, but be sure he'll have a sippy with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment