Monday, May 7, 2012

Closing the chapter

Last night was my last night with my high school d-group.  We decided to go out to eat for our last time.  While we were there everything was great and happy.  Everyone was laughing and having a great time.  I drove a few of the girls back to the church where some of us met.  When we were hugging and saying goodbye it hit me that that was the last time that I would leave the church on a Sunday night meeting with them.  This isn't the first time I've had a group graduate, but the last time I knew somewhere inside that I would do it again.  I only took a break for a semester before I jumped back in.  This time I had a totally different feeling driving home.  I was so sad.  I just knew that was it, it was time to move on at least for now.  I've worked with high school girls for 10 years and it's hard to imagine not doing it.  I know that the Lord has us in different places of service for seasons of our life and I'm so glad He had me with that age for so long.  I just feel like He has something else for me now.  I was telling Drew about it when I got home and he said "It's your time to be a mother."  It's true.  It's time for me to take everything I've learned and pour it into my children.  I just hope and pray that I have been an effective vessel that the Lord was able to use.
The girls

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt you have been a huge blessing to all the girls you have ministered to and it is already showing in how wonderful a mother you are. Jackson is one happy little boy and he is SO blessed that you have made him your priority!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! This almost made me cry! So sweet- those girls were SO blessed by your commitment to them-as will your kiddos!!!!! love drew's comment. xoxo

    ReplyDelete