Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day and it was great!  Drew got up with Jackson and they let me sleep in!  When I woke up Jackson gave me a card he made for me.  Drew had bought some paint and brushes and Jackson painted the front and did hand prints on the inside.   It was so sweet!  My first piece of Jackson artwork, definitely a collector's piece.  Then we went to breakfast at Another Broken Egg where Jackson was introduced to chocolate milk.   They have the best chocolate milk and I thought I was treating myself until I made the mistake of letting Jackson try it.  He wouldn't let go of it!  The rest of the day was full of relaxation, a facial, a visit to Ma's house and dinner out.  The activities of Mother's Day were great, but the best thing is that I am Jackson's mom.  My mom wrote me the sweetest email and it just reminded me that being Jackson's mother is a holy honor.  I read something today that I think sums it up.  "No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you.  After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside".

No comments:

Post a Comment